The SGA program worked with two professional players, Sanna Nuutinen and Lauri Ruuska, all through the 2020 season. Both of them achieved excellent results and established themselves as leading players on the Tours they competed on. Both Sanna and Lauri improved their performances in all major categories and statistics compared to previous seasons.
Sanna’s year in a nutshell
2020 was Sanna’s first year on the LET with a full category. This allowed her to compete in most tournaments except the Majors, although she also qualified for The Women’s Open Championship for the first time in her career. Sanna’s solid performances led her to two 3rd place finishes, two top 10 finishes and two top 20 finishes on the LET.
Her improved performance can be seen in the following statistics:
- LET Race to Costa del Sol: 5th in 2020, up from 21st in 2019; best ranked Finnish woman in the LET Order of Merit history
- LET Money List: 10th in 2020, up from 35th in 2019
- LET stroke average: 71.71 and 9th in 2020, 73.03 and 41st in 2019
- Rolex World Ranking: No. 247 in 2020, No. 398 in 2019
Lauri’s year in a nutshell
Lauri just missed his Challenge Tour card at European Tour Q School Finals in the autumn of 2019 by winning the first stage and placing 7th in stage 2. In 2020, Lauri had three T2nd place finishes, two T3rd place finishes and three top 8 place finishes on the NL. In the final ranking he achieved his best ever 4th place with a 69.5 stroke average.
Over the past three seasons he has steadily improved his performance:
Nordic League Ranking
- 2018: 40th place from 14 events
- 2019: 21st place from 21 events
- 2020: 4th place from 13 events
Official World Golf Ranking
- 2018: 1610
- 2019: 1121
- 2020: 670, 5TH highest of Finnish players behind only 4 ET and 1 CT player
SGA congratulates Sanna and Lauri. “With continued hard work, focus and commitment, I am positive both will continue to evolve. For the 2021 season, they will be joined by our rookie professionals, Ilari Saulo, Rasmus Karlson and Casper Simberg, which I am very excited about”, says head coach David da Silva.